Friday, June 5, 2015

Posted by \m/ The Power of the Riff \m/ | File under :
 COMANIAC



THE RIFF WHICH MADE YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GUITAR IS?

Metallica – Breadfan off their Garage Inc. Album! I didn’t know by then this was actually a cover version from Budgie’s original version! I just heard the speed and the heaviness mixed with these high-attack guitars and knew my goal: to be able to play this!

WHAT IS THE FIRST RIFF YOU LEARNED TO PLAY?

This might have been Metallica – Some Kind of Monster or Rammstein – Du hast. I don’t remember exactly which one was first. Rammsteins “Sehnsucht” was at least my first metal album. They were growing huge back then!

YOUR TOP THREE METAL RIFFERS ARE?

Very very difficult! There are tons of great riffing in history of metal but I have to stick to my roots and choose between the classic thrash riffs I grew up with. This would be
Sepultura – Inner Self
Metallica – The Thing That Should Not Be
Exodus – And Then There Were None

WHO IS THE MASTER OF THE RIFF?

This would be Frank Anthony Iommi! You can’t deny he’s the riffmaster and invented not only the riff but metal in general.

THE RIFF WHICH IS THE SOUNDTRACK TO YOUR LIFE IS?

Anthrax – Be All, End All
So heavy!

THE RIFF YOU WISH YOU WROTE IS?

Black Sabbath – Symptom of the Universe
The heaviest of all and definitely the root of thrash metal!

THE WORST METAL RIFF EVER IS?

Sorry guys, but Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water would be my choice! They’ve got so many amazing songs I still can’t believe why it’s always this song you hear when someone’s playing Deep Purple. It get annoying at least for me.

RIFF FOR RIFF YOUR FIVE FAVOURITE ALBUMS ARE?

Anthrax – Among The Living
Coroner – Mental Vortex
Megadeth – Rust in Peace
Pantera – Cowboys From Hell
Sepultura - Arise

A NON METALHEAD ASKS YOU WHAT DOES METAL SOUND LIKE, THE RIFF YOU PLAY THEM IS?

Iron Maiden – Be Quick Or Be Dead
Fast, heavy, classic!

THE RIFF YOU WANT PLAYED AT YOUR FUNERAL IS?

Metallica – The Call of Ktulu
Because it sounds depressed as fuck!

WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT RIFFS ANYWAY?


It rips your heart through your ears and gives you chills down your spine. And then you feel like: Damn, I’ve got to get this feeling again! And then you listen it again. And then you’re like: Damn, how do they do that? I’ve got to practise this! And after playing it for the next five days you’re like: Alright, let’s write an even better riff. RIGHT NOW!!! – and he was never seen again…





0 comments:

Post a Comment